Traditional Undergraduate Program Financial Aid FAQs

Is Ohio Christian University accredited?

Yes, Ohio Christian University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a member of the North Central Association. OCU is also accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education.

What is financial aid?

Financial aid is any kind of money that is either given or loaned to a student for a period of time, which can assist in paying for school. Learn more about Financial Aid options at Ohio Christian University.

Is Ohio Christian University approved to receive Federal and State financial aid?

Yes, Ohio Christian University has been approved to receive both Federal and State financial aid funds since 1973.

Does Ohio Christian University accept employer assistance or reimbursements?

Yes. For specific terms regarding your employer's reimbursement and tuition assistance policies, please see your employee handbook or inquire at your company about the program. OCU is happy to work with students and companies to ensure that education is affordable and easy to access.

Does Ohio Christian University accept military benefits?

OCU accepts all applicable military benefits (e.g. GI Bill, Ohio National Guard Scholarship program, etc.) . It is important for you to obtain, complete, and submit the appropriate forms for your benefits to be secured. To begin the process, the student should contact his or her respective educational liaison within the appropriate military organization. Guidance on this process can be provided by our OCU Financial Aid office at 1-877-496-8342 option #3.

Additionally, Ohio Christian University Undergraduate Residential Program is proud to provide the affordable tuition rate of $250 per credit hour to all military service members and veterans.

How do I apply for financial aid?

To apply for financial aid, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA can be found at Enter Ohio Christian University's school code, 003030.

By completing the FAFSA, you are applying for federal grants and loans, along with state grants. Your financial aid advisor cannot determine your financial aid eligibility until you have completed and signed the FAFSA. The FAFSA must be completed annually.

What information do I need in order to complete the FAFSA?

The FAFSA will ask for specific tax information. Therefore, you will need to be prepared to enter information that can be found on the following items:

  • Your (and your parents', if you are a dependent student) 1040 tax forms from the prior prior year (i. e. for the 2017-18 FAFSA, 2015 tax documents would be needed). 
  • Any W2 forms from your employer (and your parents’ employer, if you are a dependent student) from last year.
How can I make sure that Ohio Christian University receives all of my financial aid information?

This is very important!  When asked to enter your school code on the FAFSA, please remember us!  OHIO CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY'S SCHOOL CODE IS: 003030.

How will I know my financial aid eligibility?

For students enrolled in the Traditional Program, a financial aid award packet will be mailed to you after registration. The award packet will include an award letter that will show your financial aid eligibility by listing the names and amounts of all awards offered to you. It will also include a copy of a billing estimate that informs you of your estimated charges and the out-of-pocket cost.

Are there scholarships available?

The traditional program has many scholarships available for students based on academics, leadership, affiliations and residency. Please take a look at the website for more details. For more information in the traditional program, please see

The AGS program tuition is significantly discounted, but there are some discounts offered for being members of certain organizations or churches. Please check with your AGS recruiter for more details.

When will I receive my excess funds?

OCU policy for Traditional student refunds states that students must receive all excess funds from their account within 14 days of the disbursement of the loan, grant or scholarship that created the excess funds, unless otherwise stated in the student’s file. In order to be eligible to receive any excess funds however, a student must be enrolled in class in accordance with the requirements of their loan, grant or scholarship. Most loans, grants and scholarships require full-time enrollment, while a few require only half-time enrollment or less.